Wooden Butter Mold - Oselka
Feasts and parties you host can have a new center of attention once you start molding your own butter with this wooden butter mold. Make fashionable butter blocks by simply putting butter in the mold, allow to freeze, and then tap out. So simple, so ingenious. The top of the molded butter will have a dainty flower relief and the sides will have rippled edges. Start your own tradition of butter molds just like they still do in Poland. This butter mold is especially nice for the Easter and Christmas celebrations. Please be sure to rinse this item well as sawdust might still be present in this authentic Polish creation.Mold measures approximately 5.0" L x 3.0" W x 1.25" H
Butter Mold Instructions:
- insert dry and assembled mold into a freezer for 30-40 minutes
- remove it from the freezer and fill with softened butter (Optional step: Prior to filling with softened butter, lightly coat the inside of the form with cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray.)
- place into freezer for another 40-50 minutes
- carefully open mold by wedging a butter knife into the cutout
- delicately remove frozen form
- Clean the mold with water and mild detergent. Do not soak the item when washing. Item is not safe for use in dishwasher
- Towel-dry the item or allow the item to air dry.
Please note: it is important to allow air flow to reach all sides of mold. If one side is left wet while the other sides dry, warping could occur. If the mold warps, wet the side that warped and place mold on its opposite side to correct the mold's shape.